Thursday, April 26, 2007

Heavy hitting Irish TV Road Safety Ad



wuzzlevideos (5 hours ago) Note from youtube
Look forward to having a DMCA takedown notice for this advert. I had the same advert in my uploads and I had to remove it yesterday night. Shame really, Lyle Bailie (the people behind the advert) are very silly for wanting to get rid of important safety messages.

My response

Fair point re DMCA, however, the ad was commissioned by the NRA, rational roads Authority, a Government Dept, paid for by taxpayers, eh me being one of them. SO the agency do not hold the copyright to it, or should not.

If I do receive a DMCA, it would make a mockery of what is being done here, promoting safer driving, Thats what the NRA are paying for, more exposure, to get the message across..

If the agency think about it, the ad gets more exposure, it becomes part of the conscious , ie a success in media terms, then they look good in delivering an effective product, it might actually win an award or two giving them some kudos, all the while getting across the message

No comments: